At GateKraft we frequently encounter issues with gates we are called out to service, that were not originally installed by us. For those of you considering purchasing gates to protect your property, take a look at our pointers to avoid potential installation disasters:
- If possible avoid the installation of gates on an uphill driveway; the slope will put strain on the automation.
- For motors that are fitted underground, ensure suitable drainage is provided as an underwater motor will cause significant issues.
- A professional engineer should install automated gates as we are equipped to conduct efficient risk assessments as required by law.
- Your engineer should ensure the chosen gate option is appropriate for the location it is to be installed, meeting all specifications detailed by the manufacturer as failure to do so will void the guarantee.
- For security purposes avoid relying solely on a self locking motor, additional locks can ensure it is tougher to force a gate open.
For more advice on installing automated gates, contact GateKraft on 01494 611 111, we provide a free, no obligation consultation to discuss your requirements and assess your options for the security of your home and safety of your family.