We feel it’s the right time of year, as we enter autumn and winter approaches, to think about how to protect the appearance of your gates from the bad weather. Cold weather conditions like frost and snow, often cause corrosion in wrought iron gates. Maintaining your gates is simple. We’ve provided some advice to help with gate maintenance.
Metal Gates Amersham
Paint your gates to protect them from corrosion. Galvanise them or powder coat them to keep your gates looking attractive. For anyone with a home by the sea or with gates close to roads that are often salted in icy conditions, you should know that wrought iron gates are most at risk of corrosion. Check out the methods below to ensure you protect them:
- Painting your gates will hide any unsightly blemishes including rusting. Over time however, paint will start to flake away, which means you will need to consider how regularly your gates need painting to ensure their upkeep.
- Galvanising gates can provide protection for longer periods of time, and avoids the need to continually paint your gates. Coating gates with molten zinc protects them with a non-corrosive protective, silver finish that lasts for around 25 years.
- Applying a powder coating to your gates offer the chance for colour application to the metal surface of your gates. This method means baking dry powder to the surface of your gates following galvanisation and will need to be carried out in a factory. By doing this your gates have an additional level of protection and there is no need to keep repainting.
Driveway Gates Amersham
For additional information on how to protect your metal driveway gates from the effects of the colder weather in Amersham and surrounding areas don’t hesitate to call GateKraft on 01494 611 111.
If you are looking to have gates installed in Aylesbury or surrounding areas, GateKraft are the company you need.
Let us tell you some of the reasons why you should choose to get in touch with GateKraft for your gate services.
Who are GateKraft?
At GateKraft, we are manufacture first class gates and railings of metal and wood. We are a gate crafting company specialising in designing, manufacturing and installing wrought iron, aluminium, steel or wooden gates and railings to enhance security for businesses and domestic properties. We are one of the only gate businesses across Buckinghamshire that offer you all the gate services you need in one place.
Automated Gates Aylesbury
We produce gates that are custom-made to suit your property, we offer manual or automated gates, the choice is yours. We create gates to the highest possible standard and offer a servicing and maintenance package to all our customers and owners of gates in and around Aylesbury
If you are looking to install gates and are in need of some design inspiration, check out our website, which provides a gallery of designs we have installed in Aylesbury and surrounding areas.
Gate Installation Aylesbury
We install driveway gates, side gates, sliding gates, or swing gates. We also install railings. We offer maintenance, servicing and repairs for new and existing gates regardless of whether they were installed by us or not. If you would like more information about our gate services or to book in a free no obligation consultation for gate installation in Aylesbury, contact us on 01494 611 111.
Installing a driveway gate at the entrance of your home not only enhances the appearance of your property, it gives it a look of grandness. And when you choose to automate those gates it not only makes life easier it increases the security of your home and acts as a great deterrent to opportunist burglars.
Driveway Gates Buckinghamshire
There’s nothing wrong with choosing manual gates but if you are looking for ease of use and increases security then installing automated gates gives you that control. You control who you let in, and out.
- You can keep pets and children safe when they play outside, safe from busy roads, from passers-by, from walking off and getting lost, etc.
- You can keep out potential thieves, preventing them from scoping out your property and deterring them with the potential of getting trapped with the gates of your property, with no quick exit and no idea what other security measures you have in place beyond the security gates.
We usually have potential customers concerned about being kept in or out of their own home if there’s a power cut; the truth is there’s no need to worry, our gates have a manual override that enables you to open and close them manually without issue.
Gate Installation Buckinghamshire
If you’re looking to make your home safe and secure while adding style and grandeur to your home get in touch with GateKraft, we design, manufacture, install, service and maintain gates across Buckinghamshire and beyond. Give us a call on 01494 611 111 for more information or to book in a consultation for us to assess your needs.