If the winter elements are taking their toll on your wooden gates, we, at GateKraft are here to offer some tips on how to deal with the very real effects of exposure to the elements.
Gate Maintenance Amersham
The key, as we’re sure you are aware, is ensuring your gates are consistently maintained, and the process of maintaining your wooden gates is easy as long as you routinely carry out these checks.
Maintain your wooden gates by:
- regularly wiping down your gates
- clearing away debris that collects along the bottom of your gates
- removing leaves and other debris that sticks to your wooden gates
- annually restaining your wooden gates to protect them from water damage
- being aware of the cleaning and maintenance requirements for the specific wood your gate is made from. The professionals that installed your wooden gates should offer you this information.
We recommend that you regularly inspect your wooden gates for:
- any exposed wood
- splits or cracks in the wood
- cracked or faded paintwork
- nails or screws that have come loose
Wooden Gates Amersham
Wooden gates will require more maintenance than metal gates, mainly due to the damage the weather can cause. At GateKraft, we use first class materials and offer clear and concise advice on the best ways to maintain the gates we install. We also offer servicing and maintenance packages to help extend the lifetime of your wooden gates and to help protect your investment.
If you’re looking for help with gate maintenance this winter get in touch with us here at GateKraft on 01494 611 111, we offer servicing and repairs at competitive costs.