If the winter elements are taking their toll on your wooden gates, we, at GateKraft are here to offer some tips on how to deal with the very real effects of exposure to the elements.
Gate Maintenance Amersham
The key, as we’re sure you are aware, is ensuring your gates are consistently maintained, and the process of maintaining your wooden gates is easy as long as you routinely carry out these checks.
Maintain your wooden gates by:
- regularly wiping down your gates
- clearing away debris that collects along the bottom of your gates
- removing leaves and other debris that sticks to your wooden gates
- annually restaining your wooden gates to protect them from water damage
- being aware of the cleaning and maintenance requirements for the specific wood your gate is made from. The professionals that installed your wooden gates should offer you this information.
We recommend that you regularly inspect your wooden gates for:
- any exposed wood
- splits or cracks in the wood
- cracked or faded paintwork
- nails or screws that have come loose
Wooden Gates Amersham
Wooden gates will require more maintenance than metal gates, mainly due to the damage the weather can cause. At GateKraft, we use first class materials and offer clear and concise advice on the best ways to maintain the gates we install. We also offer servicing and maintenance packages to help extend the lifetime of your wooden gates and to help protect your investment.
If you’re looking for help with gate maintenance this winter get in touch with us here at GateKraft on 01494 611 111, we offer servicing and repairs at competitive costs.
GateKraft are specialists in the design, manufacturing and installation of electric gates in Amersham. However, it’s also important to mention that we take the safety of our customers extremely seriously and pride ourselves on our expertise in maintaining and servicing automatic gates.
Gate Maintenance Amersham
Each time we are involved in a new installation project we ensure our customers are aware of the recommended maintenance and servicing schedule for their newly fitted gates, as with all moving mechanical parts, regardless of how well they are designed and manufactured, they need to be serviced at regular intervals.
We firmly suggest hiring a qualified engineer to maintain and service your automated gates instead of attempting DIY fixes that can prove dangerous unqualified persons carrying out the fixes and those subsequently operating the gates.
Gate Servicing Amersham
Automated gates should be serviced according to usage, when we install electric gates we offer our customer a servicing contract. First we determine the estimated usage of your gates and based on manufacturers recommendation specify that:
- If gates are operated up to 20 times a day they should be serviced annually
- For gates operated between 20 – 50 times a day, they should be serviced twice a year
- When gate usage exceeds 50 times a day, we recommend they undergo servicing 4 times a year
GateKraft employ qualified technicians with safety accreditations under their belt, making them the key people to call when you gate requires maintenance of servicing. It doesn’t matter if we weren’t responsible for installing your automatic gates, we will happily come out to maintain and ensure the safety of your gates.
Automated Gates Amersham
If you need a service for your electric gates click here to book a service with the expert team at GateKraft – we are automated gate specialists in Amersham and surrounding areas. Alternatively, for additional information on automated gate maintenance, servicing and safety, get in touch with us today on 01494 611 111.